The Advanced Reports plugin allows you to analyze the properties of objects of the selected model by developing summary reports. Selected properties of specific IFC model objects can be grouped and summed in any way, and the obtained data saved in MS Excel format.
In the downloadable version of the program we provide a new, very practical tool: bimvision protocol. It allows you to create links to model objects. After opening such a link, the object is marked on the model and shown in the center of the view.
- General structure: bimvision://File location?GUID (File location and GUID are separated by ”?”)
- Example of use: bimvision://C:/Models/Model.ifc?hjfQ2pTRqd62T07B1yh
After clicking on such a link we will open a file “Model.ifc” with a selected object with GUID “hjfQ2pTRqd62T07B1yh”.
When working in BIMvision, if we do not have an open file, it will be loaded, and if it is open, the given object will be marked on the model.
If we open the link from another application, BIMvision will automatically start with the file loaded and the object marked in it.
Thanks to the bimvision:// protocol, we can combine all documents (Word, Excel and others) in which you can save the url with the IFC model and indicate a specific element in it.
Advanced Reports and COBie Exporter plugins that generate EXCEL spreadsheets use this great new feature. All GUIDs in these sheets are references to objects in the IFC model.
In version 1.7, the option of detailed material reporting has been added. In the window for column selection there are three ways to present materials:
- Materials – mode with standard export of materials shown in one column, separated by a semicolon (functioning in previous versions).
- Materials by layers – mode with exporting materials to separate columns in the order of layers. You can also add columns with the thickness of these layers.
- Materials by names – mode in which columns are created for each of the materials found in the project with the specified thickness of each layer.
New features of the Advanced Reports plugin 1.6
- In the Add column window, you can export the classification (if they appear in the model) and the volumes of elements read from the geometry.
2. An additional option – Animations – appears in the Preview tab. During animation playback, model elements are shown or hidden in the order they appear in the report and according to the last grouping.
3. In the Preview / Reports tab, you can select the model view type and save it to a file with the report.
New possibilities Advanced Reports 1.4 plugin
In 1.4 version the Advanced Reports plugin has gained a new, very practical functionality: assigning colors to selected attributes / parameters of the model.
Now you can mark an element or group of elements with the same parameters / attributes with the selected color / colors. All elements meeting the defined criteria will get the color selected by the user or given by the application, both in the preview of geometry and in the windows of the report table windows.
Practical use of coloring options is e.g. determination of concrete classes in the project or marking the order of execution of individual stages of construction.